The
Horrors Of Facebook
A
few days ago, I received a Facebook friend request from Tara Wallehoringer.
I don’t know this person, but I clicked “accept” anyway. I pretty
immediately found out that this Tara person was a 14-year-old girl. I
cancelled our “friendship” and sent her a message. The following is a
screenshot of the back and forth messaging that followed. I did not make
this up, I did not photoshop this, it is real.
She
has not responded yet, and I hope she doesn’t, because that means she may have
learned her lesson. Also, I’d just like to say, what is it with tweens
liking me? Tweens LOVE me, and apparently I don’t even have to meet them
first. Personally, I think it probably has something to do with the fact
that I’m so much taller than some of them.
But
seriously, Tara, wise up. If I were a different person, I could so easily
track you down. Not only does Facebook contain a wealth of information
about people, but (as my sister pointed out) your last name is “Wallehoringer.”
You are probably the only “Wallehoringer” in central Ohio. So I now
not only know your name, but I could know your address or phone number or
e-mail or school district or even (god forbid) your favorite quotes. And
then I could use that information and be absolutely weird with it. You
like to meet strangers?!? You’re FOURTEEN! Have you not ever heard
of “Stranger Danger?” Even if you have, there’s something else you should
know about, and it’s called “Facebook Rape.” I’ve very seriously got half
a mind to look up the Wallehoringers and tell your mom what you’ve been doing.
But I won’t, because I’m super hip. I’m also glad only five people
read this blog and that none of them are creepy, because they would now know
you’re totally into meeting strangers.
Sorry,
Tara.
Source: The Radiopants Dance

No comments:
Post a Comment